Sunday, January 18, 2009

New to journaling


After much contemplation, I have decided (once again) to change up my style of writing on my blog. I have always thought of myself as a painter, not a writer, so this is all new territory for me. Trying to "find my voice" has been difficult, and I know that those of you who know me personally are chuckling...no deep belly laughing, at the thought I might have trouble speaking. However, sharing my thoughts on the written page seem to be much different than my usual stream on consciousness style of speaking.
I think I will give journaling a shot, to see if this isn't the better choice for me to share my thoughts and dreams. Where I want to see my work grow and how Bebe, the art smart car fits into my life.
I have been spending as much time in the studio as possible, painting away. I do some plein air painting, but most is done from photos I take. I have a large file of images to use, and many times I use elements from 3 or 4 photos to construct my own unique view of the world. I am contemplating creating a new painting, similar to the one on Bebe. That piece sold before I had the wrap done and I would like to have a companion painting to Bebe's wrap. I can use this one to create giclees if I so choose. I will post the image when it is finished.
It's funny how Bebe has created a personality of her own in the short time we have been together. From time to time she will probably pitch in her own point of view. Whenever that happens, I will be sure to let you know that it is not necessarily the viewpoint of this writer.
To view more of my work visit www.artsmartcar.com
That's all for now...keep it in the road!
Nancy

No comments: